Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's a new day!

Well, yesterday was a day of some joys and lots of frustrations. Today is a new day tho! I got up early (6:12am) and took a shower and spent some time with the Lord, and then had time to do some work for Blythe before Abby woke up. Actually, Abby woke up and got out of bed at 7:45am, but didn't seem to notice that I was in the office working. She played very quietly and nicely by herself until 8:15, when I decided I should stop my work for the time being and go see what she was up to.
Here is what I found:



She had taken ALL of her clothes off, and was happily reading one book after another. When I peeked around the corner, I saw her in the process of selecting another book, and then she climbed onto the couch and settled in and started reading. That's when I took the picture. The flash alerted her to my presence, and then she looked up with a big smile...so full of joy! And so proud of herself!

She is so full of it this morning! Very silly and happy! I hope the whole day is this way! Part of my devotional thought this morning was "the LORD is Good", based on Psalm 34:8 "Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" There are many things going on in our lives right now where I can truly say that the Lord IS good.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Funny pictures. She's doing a good job amusing herself. :D I like the Semiahmoo pictures too, especially the silouhettes--pretty!

    ReplyDelete