Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ryan: Almost 4 months old

I've been so busy with normal household duties, caring for Abby and Ryan, Blythe work, plus all the fun that goes with our surprise baby, that notes about Ryan and his milestones are severely lacking. In fact, I haven't written a single thing yet! I'm keeping it all in my head (ha!) and waiting for the day I have time to write it down.

Randy has been a huge helper by taking Abby out with him today as he went visiting, did grocery shopping for me, and went on a walk, and now Abby is down for a nap, so I've been able to get caught up on some of my "quiet time" things. So this will be my first opportunity to write down some Ryan milestones.

He has been cooing since he was 2 months old, and started smiling sometime in there too. He is VERY ticklish and LOVES having his diaper and clothes changed. He giggles like crazy when you pull his shirt up and touch/tickle him anywhere around his upper chest/armpits/shoulders/neck area. This giggling started when he was around 3 months old. He has finally gotten very good neck control and is getting stronger and standing up better. He spends some time in the exersaucer, but likes playing with the mobile on the floor the most. He started to tip himself to the side a bit the other day, but so far he hasn't shown any real signs of trying to roll over. He gets a kick out of Abby and usually brightens up when she comes around.

He has very blue eyes and light brown hair. I don't know his current length and weight. Haven't been to the doctor since 2 months, and we don't go back until January. Yes, I could get on the scale with him, but I haven't done it. My guess is somewhere around 14 lbs, but that's purely a guess.

I took this picture of him a couple days ago after I had fed him and as I was changing his clothes. He's a solid boy, that's for sure! He likes chewing on his hands nowadays, and so that's what he was doing when I took the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment