We went to our 20-week ultrasound appointment yesterday. The ultrasound took a long time as the technician took all sorts of pictures from every possible angle so they can analyze the info and determine if there are any areas of concern. During our consultation afterwards, the doctor said that everything appeared normal and the baby is growing at exactly the right rate and, based on the summary paperwork he had at the time, he doesn’t have any concerns. He was going to be looking at the detailed pictures and info last night and said he would contact us if he noticed anything of concern. I am just overwhelmed at the goodness of God! That He would give us 2 beautiful children in Abby and Ryan, and then bless us with a healthy pregnancy too! It’s almost too much to grasp.
Oh, and I suppose you’re curious what the gender is. Baby would not open its legs during most of the ultrasound, and had its head stuck way down in my pelvis. It made it very difficult for the technician to get good pictures of the baby’s skull/brain, and to get a good shot of the gender. But finally, at the end, the baby moved and spread its legs apart, and we could see clearly that it is a GIRL!!!! It really didn’t matter to us whether it was a boy or a girl, since we have one of each already, but now that I know it’s a girl, I’m getting excited to meet her! We’re working on finalizing our name choice now. We may not share it until she is born. We’ll see.
Awww! I am so excited! My mom guessed a boy, but I guessed a girl. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou may have to change the name of your blog!! :-D
Yeah, really, a lot has happened since you started this blog--I think a namechange is needed too. LOL Adventures in Abby, Ryan, and ___land! And what an adventure!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear everything looks good with Baby. What fun to be able to find out "it" is a girl. Ryan will be a sister sandwich. ;)