Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mommy's Bragging

I have to brag on our daughter a little tonite. She has done some amazing things lately, and I just had to share them!

Friday when Randy was home watching Abby, he put her on the potty seat to begin showing her how to "go" on the big potty. He said she was scared and didn't stay on there long the first time he put her on the potty. The second time, she settled in and read a magazine (like we always do) and enjoyed her sit. The third time, she came to him and grabbed his hand and took him into the bathroom, where she sat on the potty and he thinks she did a little tinkle.

Tonight, Abby wanted to sit on the potty seat again, and so Randy told her to take it to Mommy and I would help her. We went into the spare bathroom and I got her settled, gave her a magazine (which she didn't read long), and then sat on the floor and played silly games with her while she sat on the throne. After approx 20 minutes, she indicated she was all done and I got her off. I never heard or noticed any action, so I was shocked when I looked in the bowl and there was a poopy!!! Ooooh, Mommy was proud! She got a couple peanut M&Ms for that! :)

Later, I cut Randy's hair while Abby sat on the toilet lid and watched. We always take the garbage can out of the cupboard and drop the hair from Randy's head directly into the garbage. When I was done cutting Randy's hair, Abby helped brush him off. After a bit, I watched while she pushed the folding chair out of the way to give her access to the cupboard, opened the cupboard, picked up the garbage can, and put it INTO THE CUPBOARD where it belongs! I hadn't said a WORD to her! She just noticed it was out, knew where it belonged, and put it away all by herself! Mommy was proud again!

Here's a little history on the 3rd story: Our friends John and Kimberly gave us the soft mesh bed rails they used when their daughter was little. Randy put them on the queen size guest bed in Abby's room a couple weeks ago, in preparation for Abby sleeping in there. Tonight we did our normal bedtime routine--brush our teeth, put her in her crib, pray (she prays GREAT!) and then typically we tell her to lay down and go to sleep. After we prayed, she wanted to get into the big bed. I obliged, and tucked her in there with her favorite blanket. I haven't heard from her since, and it's been over an hour since I put her in bed. We'll see if she lasts thru the night, but so far so good.

Raising a 23-month-old is trying at times, but tonight it has been FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment