Currently, Abby is taking a nap, and Emily is happily playing by herself.
I finished a jar of Japanese Plums from our own tree during breakfast this morning. The girls didn't want to eat the plums, but they both wanted to take turns drinking the juice from the quart jar. Emily especially liked it, and kept going to the table and picking up the jar and taking a sip. It's all gone now! We enjoyed fresh blueberry muffins for breakfast, and PB&J sandwiches for lunch.
We sat in the living room window seat and enjoyed the sun for awhile, and then Abby got down and went into the kitchen. Next thing I knew, she had pushed a chair over to the kitchen sink and was proceeding to "wash" the dishes! What a good helper!
Awhile later, after Abby and Em had played outside, they BOTH decided they wanted to wash dishes! I was basically done by then, but I set up the chairs and they got on...and then the crying started! The idea sounded fun to Emily, but not the reality. Needless to say, they only stayed on the chairs long enough for me to get this picture.
One of their fun activities has been to sit in their "chairs" on the fireplace hearth and read books or play. They've done this on several occasions this morning, and have gotten along quite well while doing so.
Emily wanted to go outside and play, so I bundled her up and sent her out. Abby thought that looked fun too, so I got her bundled up. By the time I had Abby ready to go out, Emily decided she didn't want to be outside anymore. (I think a lot of it had to do with Abby coming out...) So they switched places. Abby was so cozy in her snowsuit that she played out there for quite some time. I was washing dishes, and looked out in time to see her push her trike until it bumped up against the deck bench. Then she climbed up onto the bottom step, then the middle step, and then all the way up onto the seat...all by herself! I was so proud!!! She sat there turning the handlebars a bit, and then figured out she could touch one of the pedals (just barely). She managed to climb off the trike all by herself, and didn't fall a single time!
I enjoyed reading the play-by-play halftime report! Cute stories--someday you'll be glad you recorded all this!
ReplyDelete