Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Following in Daddy's Footsteps

There is a (not so) funny story from Randy's childhood that he likes to tell to young children as a lesson to them. It goes something like this:



Randy was in the old Sears store in Bellingham, and he wanted candy from the candy machines. Instead of paying for the candy, he tried to steal it by sticking his hand up the dispenser to dig out a piece. When he stuck his hand in and grasped a piece of candy, his hand got stuck! He screamed and made quite a scene, but he could not get his hand out! A store clerk finally got him to let go of the candy and relax his hand. By doing so, he was able to get his hand out.


The moral of the story is DON'T STEAL!


Well, a couple weeks ago Abby and I went to the Jump Zone in Bellingham and had a fun play date with some of her cousins. Most of the slides were too advanced for her, but she did find the candy machines! :) When I saw her peeking into the dispenser, I immediately thought about Randy's story and took pictures so I could show him.


3 comments:

  1. I have seen that look before! Having boys.. it often crops up at our house! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks good! I wish I'd gotten a few pics of Abby at the FunZone. That is cute, her peering into the machine! :D

    ReplyDelete