Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Springtime fun

There is nothing better than springtime in Washington. Sunshine, breeze, fresh, clean air, trees and flowers blooming, grass growing, clothes hanging on the clothesline, and DIRT! I reserved an empty flower bed in our yard so Abby can dig in the dirt to her heart's content, and she has been doing that these last few days. She got a little wheelbarrow, cart, shovel, hand rake, and pail for her birthday, and she's been playing by herself so nicely out there in that dirt. It's so much fun to watch her! A couple times she has loaded up her tools into her wheelbarrow and brought it all to the house when she was done playing. Of course, the wheelbarrow had a small load of dirt in it, too, but I was happy to unload that for her outside as a tradeoff for her good work in picking up her toys.

She has also figured out how to pedal her trike! She can barely reach the pedals, but I taught her how to push on one side (which moves the trike forward or back a little bit and allows the other pedal to come up to a height that she can reach it), and then push on the other pedal. She mostly rocks back and forth, but she's getting better at it all the time and can move herself several feet forward or back. We can tell that she's growing taller because her pants keep getting shorter, and so I think she'll be able to ride that trike all over the deck by the time summer is over (maybe even by the time summer gets here!)






1 comment:

  1. Those digging pictures are so cute! Little kids are fun to watch, that is for sure. I like the clothesline picture, too. You know, I always think, CA is where we should have clotheslines, with all the sun and little rain we get. But you hardly see them. And we're not "allowed" to have one, actually, with our CC&Rs. But it sure would be more energy-efficient. Also, glad to hear you both are feeling better, and to read about Abby's new tooth! PTL!

    ReplyDelete