Monday, August 3, 2009

#1 Husband Award

And the winner this week (and for the rest of my life) is....RANDY SMALL!!!!!

During my lunchtime on Friday, I wrote a list of the things I wanted/needed to get accomplished on Saturday. It included picking beans, canning beans, making apple pie and freezing apple pie filling, picking plums, making plum-bluberry jam, preparing my Sunday School lesson, cutting up the watermelon, and making lunch for Sunday. Some may look at that list and think "so what?". When I looked at it, I knew how much work was involved in those things and knew I was going to be exhausted by the time it was over. And I expected that much of it would get delayed until a later date (which isn't a very good option since much of it HAD to be done by Sunday, and other parts of it HAD to be done due to fruit/veggie readiness and lack of good storage options).

In steps my wonderful, self-sacrificing husband Randy. He looked over my list and said "how can I help you get this all done?" He chose to put aside his own to-do list and was a GREAT helper all day! His help included taking Abby on a walk and bike ride so I had the house to myself (and the associated peace and quiet which allowed me to think clearly), picked plums, snapped, washed, and put beans in the jars, cut up the watermelon, washed dishes, and determined that we could take left-over pizza from Friday night to church on Sunday so I didn't need to prepare another meal.

When all was said and done, I had canned 5 quarts of apple pie filling, 4-1/2 pints of plum-blueberry jam, had 3 quarts of beans in the fridge ready to be canned once I got more beans to make it worth it, and my Sunday School lesson was ready to go. The only thing that didn't get done was the apple pie, which was fine because it didn't have to happen.

THANK YOU, HONEY!!! I LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment