Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Where Is Abby?

I had just hit the snooze and rolled over, hoping for at least 9 more minutes of blissful sleep, when Randy came in and said "Where is Abby?" He always goes in and checks on her and gives her a good-bye kiss before he leaves for work, but when he went in to say goodbye, he couldn't find her! Of course, I got out of bed and prepared to help him search, but he had located her by the time I got out of our bedroom. Here is where he found her:
Do you see her? Neither do I! But she's UNDER her crib behind the blanket screen, scrunched in somewhere around the suitcases that are stored under there. She was stirring when I took this picture, so I know she's there. I don't know how Randy figured out she was under there. It was very dark when I took this picture. I just aimed my camera toward the bed and hoped I would get it in the picture.
She has been sleeping "in" the big bed for the last 2 days. I guess she decided she didn't need to sleep in her crib anymore. And actually, she was settling in and sleeping in the big bed very well during her nap and nighttime...or so we thought. Altho last night I got up to go to the restroom at 2:30, and noticed that her door was wide open. I looked and thought I saw her in bed, so I went back to bed. Randy also got up and noticed the door open, but he determined she WASN'T in the bed. He found her in the living room sleeping in/on the throw blankets we have by our cushy rocker/swivel chair. He put her back in bed, but I guess she decided to get out again.
She obviously was very active last night. I'm guessing this is going to be a challenging day dealing with an almost 2-1/2 year old who didn't get a good night's sleep.
Another "Adventure in Abbyland"!....

No comments:

Post a Comment